myrightmind.ca » the virtual camera club

90 – Peaceful

89 Peaceful Kathy WalshWelcome to another Photo Challenge!

Challenge set by Kathy Walsh
Submission Deadline: Monday June 15, 2015
Voting Deadline: Saturday July 4, 2015

Image Gallery:

• DonnaJune 28, 2015 - 5:07 PM

1. Halls Hill – nice picture, has a peaceful quality

Based on the few number of photos I am only voting for one pic.

Jeannie – your portraits are exceptional. You are now in the professional field. Having said that I don’t find they represent Peaceful in my mind which is why I didn’t vote for one of them.
    Glenn – your picture of the harbour would be peaceful if you have just showed the birds. It did not represent Peaceful for me. The deer picture is nice but out of focus. Was that a drive by shot? hahaReplyCancel

• Glenn HubbersJuly 1, 2015 - 11:41 AM

It wasn’t a drive by, Donna. But it was taken while resting my lens on the truck window frame, fully extended from a long way away. It was taken with a new lens that I decided not to keep.ReplyCancel

• KathyJuly 2, 2015 - 10:24 AM

so sorry to have missed my own Challenge! I was planning a picture of a friends new foal, but he unfortunately died at 3 days of age…I was too bummed out to think of another shot!
    100% agree with Donna’s comments..Jeannie your retirement is agreeing with your photography!! Just does not represent what I would call peaceful. Agree with Glenn’s photo of harbour – if the industry was left out of it, I think it would have been better…I hear noise when I look at that picture as it is.

1. Halls Hill – Glenn I want to go lie under that tree

2. Serenity – Donna, good interpretation of theme

Donna I like still moment, but still doesn’t say peaceful to me…for this reason I am making 2 votes if I am eligible.ReplyCancel

• kateJuly 3, 2015 - 5:54 AM

1. Halls hill _ glenn
    2. Serenity – donna
    More in depth comments later. K8ReplyCancel

• JeannieJuly 3, 2015 - 8:10 AM

1. Serenity – really liked this one Donna! Well done.
    2. Halls Hill – loved the little bit of fog and the composition of this landscape shot! Nicely done Glenn.

As for mine, when I first saw the theme, I saw peace (as opposed to peaceful) and my first thought was the peace symbol and I deliberately went looking for those in Camp 30 with Dana. As for the third photo, it really was a peaceful moment during a rather frantic photoshoot with 3 very high energy kids but I suppose you had to be there! Lol!ReplyCancel

• Glenn HubbersJuly 9, 2015 - 5:53 AM

I went in to close these out and found that I didn’t vote yet! Oh my!

1 – Serenity
    Donna, I really like what you are trying to do here and it clearly comes across that this was a very quiet, peaceful moment at the lake, even though the composition itself feels like it has a bit of tension. Perhaps it’s the juxtaposition of that that make it work.

2- A Quiet Moment
    Jeannie, I was torn between this one and Chill, which I actually prefer as a portrait shot. It was more the subject that made the choice for me. (Mother and daughter enjoying time together as opposed to a photo of a teen, who might better represent some hidden, inner turmoil.ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *